We celebrate the diversity of our workforce and expect everyone to respect and embrace their colleague’s differences. All Hubrum people can expect to be treated fairly and with dignity.
This policy sets out how Hubrum ensures equal opportunities for all our people in our global organisation. This benefits Hubrum and our people by:
- Improving opportunities within the organisation through internal promotion.
- Utilising the knowledge of different members of the community.
- Understanding market segments and consumer behaviour.
- Becoming an employer of choice.
- Having a more representative ‘balanced’ workforce.
- Valuing and respecting personnel, attracting and retaining a wider talent pool.
This Policy applies to all Hubrum people (and potential people) across our global organisation and is reviewed annually. Hubrum does not tolerate discrimination, including discrimination on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy or any other status or basis protected by local, national or international law.
Discrimination can take the form of direct or indirect discrimination and it may occur intentionally or unintentionally. Direct discrimination occurs when someone is put at a disadvantage for a reason related to one or more of the grounds of discrimination set out in this policy. Indirect discrimination occurs where an individual is subject to an unjustified provision, criterion or practice which puts them at a particular disadvantage because of one of the grounds of discrimination set out in this policy.
Any person who believes that they have been subject to discrimination must raise it with their line manager, their people and organisation business partner or via the business ethics helpline.
Allegations regarding potential breaches of this policy will be treated in confidence and investigated in accordance with the relevant procedure. Anyone who makes such allegations in good faith will not be victimised or treated less favourably as a result. False allegations of a breach of this policy which are found to have been made in bad faith will, however, be dealt with under the employing company’s disciplinary procedures.
We will ensure equal opportunities by:
- creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our people are recognised and valued.
- ensuring all our people work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all and that does not tolerate inti class=”redarrow”midation, bullying or harassment.
- selecting for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
- ensuring our training, development and progression opportunities are available without regard to any of t class=”redarrow”he grounds of discrimination.
- reviewing all our employment practices and procedures, remunera class=”redarrow”tion and benefits to ensure fairness.
- encouraging our people to develop to their full potential.
- ensuring the talents and resources of our people are fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- ensuring that breaches of this policy are investigated and if regarded as misconduct, apply appr class=”redarrow”opriate disciplinary proceedings.
- endeavouring to meet all statutory obligations under the relevant and applicable legislation